G'day Peoples

Thanks for cruisin by here and taking the time to have a bit of a read...Everyone seems to have a Blog of sorts on this net, so thought I might as well poke my head into it as well...
Now with complete respect to all..I don't care where you come from or what colour your skin is...your welcome here, and to my other sites as long as you come in friendship..
I look at myself as a pretty friendly easy going type of guy that has a lot of time for others...and a lot of patience and understanding...I value friendship deeply..and trust more so..

A bit of a Bio on me HERE!

A few links on the right side over there...hope you find them interesting..And if some of the things I might say on here upset some..sorry..really mean nothing personal, I just state things how I see them..In the broad light of day..But there are times we all know what we mean and want to say it...but??
Reminds me of Leonard Cohen's 'Everybody Knows'


Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Using Slang and Name Calling..

An issue came up on my forum...bout all these names we are calling each other...whether it's the colour of ones skin, or their religion...we all cop it..

Thing with us aussies are, we are a naturally friendly mob..
I had an aboriginal friend i called chocco..another frizzy haired friend was called fungus..I worked with mates i called wogs and dago's....and so on.....there was no insult there...nothing degrading meant....
But.....I would never call a dark skinned people 'blacks, coons or that other word starting with 'N'.....
Now we have 'towel heads, slopes, slants and rice munchers' to me, those names are an insult and degrading to describe someone thats different...hmmm

I don't think as aussies, we have a nick name do we?..I know each state has a nick for people...but the whole country?what do people from other parts of the world call us? apart from a bunch of wankers, piss heads and sunburnt yobbo thong wearers...I think it has a lot to do with how we use these 'pet' names,

Some blokes can be standing about the shed havin a beer and a puff...talkin a bit of shit....and the air is blue with language...and the 'F' and 'C' words are flying about..all is ok calling each other ya 'effin' mad C.....or those crazy C...but if you hear the words put together that says your a F..C..! or I reckon your a C....then it's on for young and old.... follow that?..

It's how the words are used....I get called an old bastard.....or a funny C....doesn't bother me at all....oddly enough there is stll respect among name calling and swearing.

I've been told i take liberties sometimes....maybe its just me, but i call most fella's 'mate...or 'bloke....at least untill they do something wrong...then they become an arsehole....and it's not funny being n arsehole...no-one likes you...

Ladies anything from 'maam...madam...but mostly 'hon...or darlin' whether i know them or not, no offence meant....and if they do the wrong thing..they become a 'bitch'....some blokes call their lady..'my bitch'...sounds tough..but not nice...And 'paki'...why not....and a muslim is a mussie.....big deal...
my views on it anyway......

1 comment:

dadssk said...

Calling each other names is so typically Aussie, and there is a certain pride in it.
As strange as it may sound to non Aussies, It is part of our culture, and a part we are proud of, to outsiders it may appear rude, but we know that only a mate would call you a .......
and have a big smile on their faces when they did it.
I hope we are never so politically correct that we lose something which is so uniquely Australian.